Early Childhood Center
JRC Early Childhood Center provides high-quality early childhood education, with relationships as the foundation of a nurturing, joyful, and stimulating environment that supports children’s unique abilities to explore through play in order to build positive self-esteem and successful patterns of learning and problem-solving, and to develop empathy and appreciation for others. By responding to diverse backgrounds and interests, the JRC Early Childhood Center gives children and families the opportunity to explore Jewish identity and ritual, and to build life-long foundations for learning.
About our Program
The JRC Early Childhood Center provides a nurturing and stimulating environment to support children’s social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and spiritual growth.
Everyone is Welcome
Classroom activities are developed by early childhood professionals who are in tune with our children and their families, and who are responsive to their diverse needs and interests. Our students and families come from all walks of life and diverse family structures.
Based on Progressive Jewish Values
Judaic values and traditions are woven into daily activities of fun, experimentation, creative play, and discovery. Jewish holidays and festivals provide a framework for exploration throughout the year, integrating traditions that promote kindness, giving, and justice. Through this exploration in our program—in activity centers, with art materials, songs, movement, playmates, teachers, parents, nature, and more—your child can construct the knowledge to interpret new experiences, develop Jewish identity, and, with their families, build a foundation for lifelong learning.
At JRC, our classroom practice is based on strong relationships with our students and families. Parents and family members are integrated into their child’s preschool experience. Teachers rely on relationships with each other as education professionals to create a compassionate, safe, respectful environment in which children can thrive. The relationship between the Early Childhood program and the JRC community is a vital one, and Early Childhood registration includes membership in the congregation. Students and families can build a relationship with the Rabbi and Cantor as well as other members of JRC.
Children learn in an environment that is designed to foster exploration, inquiries, and curiosity using an emergent curriculum based on ideas and inspiration from the schools in Reggio Emilia, Italy.
Early Childhood Committee
This committee meets to discuss issues of importance to JRC’s Early Childhood Center. Members work together to determine policy and explore ways to support early childhood education at JRC. Contact: email@example.com.
Congregational Membership is Included in Your Early Childhood Experience at JRC
JRC is filled with smart, savvy, creative people who represent a rainbow of passions and priorities. We celebrate community and thrive through our grass-roots, collaborative philosophy. Our focus on Tikkun Olam, life-long learning, and Chesed connect us and sustain us through the challenges we face as individuals, as Haverim, and as members of the global community. It is our pleasure to welcome all of JRC’s Early Childhood families into the JRC family with a gift of membership at no additional fee.
If you do choose to contribute to a membership, please know that your financial support plays an important role in JRC’s quest to inspire learning at every age, to offer exceptional, progressive programming and social justice initiatives, and to be there for our members through all of life’s moments, big and small.
As a JRC member…
- You will be warmly welcomed as a part of a community that embraces diversity, mutual support, social justice, and the incorporation of Jewish values and traditions in an ever-evolving modern life.
- You and your immediate family will be connected to JRC’s clergy for life cycle events and support.
- You’ll be invited to festive social occasions and spiritually nourishing rituals, like Shabbat potlucks, meet & greets, our annual gala, Torah study, and weekly services. And while we are remote, you will be included in loads of online services and community events.
- You can connect through our members-only Facebook group, stay involved with our email updates, and use our online member portal to access the membership directory, register for school and events, and make secure payments.
- JRC children have the opportunity to enroll in our Religious school for a bold, authentic Jewish learning experience, and participate in the joyful, sacred ritual of becoming B’nai Mitzvah
- You’ll receive High Holiday tickets for the adults in your household (children don’t need tickets) and significant discounts on extra tickets for close relatives (like parents).
- You are eligible (and enthusiastically encouraged) to join the Committees and Task Forces at JRC that reflect your interests. You’re also eligible for election to our Board of Directors and have voting rights. JRC is a participatory community! Our members are integral in creating the environment in which we thrive.
Join Us For Camp JRC!
Summer fun at Camp JRC includes indoor and outdoor play in a multi-age group with familiar classrooms and friends, and is led by early childhood teachers. Children spend much of the day outside in our nature playground, participating in water play, movement and art activities, nature explorations, and social interaction. When the weather doesn’t allow for outdoor activities, children play inside our Reggio-inspired classrooms, engaging in science, cooking, music, and other activities.