JRC is a community… people who show up for each other. It’s my second family, my second home. I grew up here and want to grow old here.
I’m a member of JRC because first, the Reconstructionist idea of Judaism as an evolving civilization appeals to me, and second because the members of JRC live the ideals that make this a better world.
What Does it Mean to Be a Member of JRC?
- You will be warmly welcomed as a part of a community that embraces diversity, mutual support, social justice, and the incorporation of Jewish values and traditions in an ever-evolving modern life.
- You and your immediate family will be connected to JRC’s clergy for life cycle events and support.
- You’ll be invited to festive social occasions and spiritually nourishing rituals, like Shabbat potlucks, meet & greets, our annual gala, Torah study, and weekly services. And while we are remote, you will be included in loads of online services and community events.
- You can connect through our members-only Facebook group, stay involved with our email updates, and use our online member portal to access the membership directory, register for school and events, and make secure payments.
- JRC children have the opportunity to enroll in our Religious school for a bold, authentic Jewish learning experience, participate in the joyful, sacred ritual of becoming B’nai Mitzvah, or enjoy learning and developing in our Reggio-inspired, play-based preschool.
- You’ll receive High Holiday tickets for the adults in your household (children don’t need tickets) and significant discounts on extra tickets for close relatives (like parents).
- You are eligible (and enthusiastically encouraged) to join the Committees and Task Forces at JRC that reflect your interests. You’re also eligible for election to our Board of Directors and have voting rights. JRC is a participatory community! Our members are integral in creating the environment in which we thrive.